How Do I Commission a Piece?
My Promise to You:
All my commissioned paintings come with a Certificate of Authentication. They are painted with love and care, using acrylic paint and quality medium, and are finished with a clear matt varnish for added protection.
How do I commission a piece of artwork?
1. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request
for a bespoke painting, or fill out the submission form below.
2. You will need to send me your name, address, email and telephone number with a few clear photographs of the subject that you wish me to paint, and details of your request.
3. You will need to let me know the type of pose, or compostion you would like and I will offer advice accordingly.
4. It is important for me to know the colour scheme of the room you
will end up displaying the painting, so I can create a background that will complement your space.
5. You will have the opportunity to decide on a plain or abstract background, or one copied from the photograph.
6. You will be able to choose the size of the painting eg A4 or A3 if on paper. I can cut mountboard to any size, or you may wish to have your painting on a good quality stretched canvas in a choice of sizes.
Paintings on canvas do not necessarily need a frame and will be ready to hang.
7. I can source frames for you but the costs will depend on the type,
size and quality, and will be additional to my charges for the painting.
8. When the painting is complete, I will send you a copy of it via my
phone and only then will I ask for you to send me the payment for it,
after which, I will arrange to send it to you.
What type of paintings do you paint?
I love to paint animals/pets, landscapes, seascapes and portraits.
If you have a pet or a person that you would like me to paint, I would like to know a bit about them, and whether they are still living or have sadly passed. That will help me to get a feel for their character and
How long do the paintings take to do?
I will need up to 4 weeks to do the painting, may be longer if I already
have other paintings to finish, or it is larger than A3 size. I will give you
an approximate date on order.
How much are your paintings?
I will give you a price as you order your painting, but they do vary.
A typical A4 size on paper or mountboard will start from £120.00 and range to £150 for A3 for a single pet or person.
For those on quality stretched canvas, they start from £140.00 and
range to £250.00 depending on size and depth.
Multiple pets or people will cost more.
If you would like additional prints of your painting in only A4 or A3 size
I can organise these at a cost of £10 each.
Payment is either in cash or as a direct payment to my bank account,
of which I will give you those details when the painting is complete.
Can I have my painting posted?
Yes you can, but this will incur an additional cost to the painting.
I use Royal Mail tracking service. You will be given a number to track
the parcel yourself, so that you are available when it arrives.
If it is on paper or mountboard, it will be send in a hard backed envelope. Canvas paintings or framed paintings will be wrapped securely and
safely. If you live locally (within 6 miles radius of Purbrook), I could
deliver it personally to your door, as an additional service.
I look forward to hearing from you.